I love making no-rise breads like banana, pumpkin, or zucchini bread. So simple. Throw ingredients in a mixer. Plop it in a loaf pan. Bake and savor the flavors!
I discovered a new bread that would be a perfect compliment to any Thanksgiving dinner or at any time of the year for that matter: Cranberry Nut Bread! Bake yourself a batch today… it is so moist and light with just a hint of tang and sweetness.
2 cups flour mix
(2 parts rice flour, 2/3 parts potato starch, 1/3 part
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup shortening
2/3 cup orange juice
1 lg egg
2 cups fresh chopped cranberries (I used frozen ones
from last November!)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Mix together dry ingredients.
3) Blend shortening in with dry ingredients until batter looks like coarse sand. Then add egg and orange juice until well blended.
4) Fold in yummy chopped cranberries and walnuts! Baker’s hint: batter is delicious at this point! 🙂
5) Plop mixture in a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
|Isn’t it gorgeous already?!!
ps– my hubby thinks this looks like mystery meat lol!
6) Bake in oven for one hour. Cool and enjoy!
|mmmm a little butter never hurt anyone!|