I’m back I’m back I’m back! Did you miss me? I think I missed you… just a wee bit 😉
So here’s what I’ve been up to/ MIA here on The GF Wife:
*Marathon training: just ran 20.5 miles this past Saturday.
I. Am. Beast. (slow beast)
*I volunteered to be the Ombudsman for USCG Air Station SF and there’s lots of work needed to improve that program. And soon I have to do formal training for it. (Oh, and the Command took me out to lunch a couple weeks ago!)
*Beau is away for training. So it’s just myself, the pups, and crazy kitty for a month and a half.
*Beau also gave me a honey-to-do list.
*I finished watching seasons 7 & 8 of Grey’s Anatomy. Obviously more important than the honey-to-do list.
*AND Beau bought me a Blendtec!!!!!!!!!!!
Which leads me to one of my new favorite desserts that can be whipped up in no time. Healthy Mint Chocolate Mousse Pie with a chocolate cookie crust!
I shared this dessert with my friends the other week… and they loved it! The crust didn’t break when I cut it and it complemented the mousse oh so perfectly.
And I bet you have no idea that its secret ingredient is…
The Mint Chocolate Mousse recipe is lightly adapted from my favorite vegan dessert blogger Chocolate Covered Katie. She’s a genius. Seriously.
Ingredients for cookie crust (adapted from Gluten Free Baking Classics): 1/4 cup brown rice flour
2 Tbs oat flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 Tbs tapioca flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
dash sea salt
5 Tbs cold butter/ vegan butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for mint chocolate mousse: 1 package (12-14 oz) firm organic tofu
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs cocoa powder
4 Tbs coconut oil
1/4 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp peppermint
dash sea salt
1. Place all ingredients for cookie crust (except for vanilla extract) into Blendtec or food processor and pulse until it looks like coarse cornmeal.
2. Add extract and pulse until it starts to form a dough.
3. Lightly oil a pie dish and press the dough into an even layer in pan.
4. Bake at 350 F for 18 minutes.
5. Let cool completely.
6. When crust is completely cool, combine all ingredients for mousse to Blendtec and pulse until completely mixed together and smooth.
7. Fill pie crust with mousse and place in fridge until firm! (Or just eat it right then. Or out of the Blendtec container. Not like I do that or anything…)
8. Enjoy your healthy guilt-free treat!!!!
Linking up at these Fabulous Parties: Made It By Monday @ Baked in the South, Made from Scratch Monday @ Living with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease , Mangia Mondays @ Delightfully Dowling, Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef in Training, Crazy Sweet Tuesday @ Crazy for Crust, Gluten Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff @ Something Swanky, Anything Goes Linky @ Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo, Sweets for A Saturday @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies